We are often asked for examples of how Vocal Branding is enhancing brands and voice-based communication between businesses and their customers.
Here are a range of Vocal Branding case studies and projects we’ve been working on at Vocal Branding Australia:
- Contact Centre Presentations ‘Transforming Customer Experiences’ for Westpac & St George Bank
- Vocal Branding Audit, Voice Selection, Script Review and Vocal Direction for Red Energy
- Voice Design Presentation/Workshop for Stamford Interactive
- Audio Logo Development and Brand Consulting for Media Access Australia
- Telephone IVR and After Hours Call Centre Recordings for Mode Facilities Management
- NSW Electoral Commission’s iVote Telephone and Online Voting Initiative
- NSW Department of Health
- Australian Electoral Commission Telephone Voting Standard
- Leading Property Auctioneering Company
- Solotel Hotel Group Staff-Training Video
- Community Service Announcement for Royal Far West Children’s Charity
- Vocal Branding Audit of the Leading Telephone Dating Service in Australia
Contact Centre Presentations ‘Transforming Customer Experiences’ for Westpac & St George Bank
Recently Tim delivered a series of 15 half hour presentations to a 1000 Westpac and St George Bank contact centre agents (telephone bankers). The talk is titled Transforming Customer Experiences through Vocal Authenticity and Insightful Listening.
You can read about some of the strategies and ideas covered in these Presentation Notes. If you would like to find out more about Tim’s speaking or book him to inspire your next conference or corporate event, please visit our Conference Speaking Page.
Vocal Branding Audit, Voice Selection, Script Review and Vocal Direction for Red Energy
Earlier in 2012 Vocal Branding Australia was engaged by Red Energy (a division of Snowy Hydro) to undertake a Vocal Branding Audit leading to a Brand Voice Recommendation for use on their upcoming IVR and related voice services.
To arrive at this recommendation Vocal Branding Australia interviewed contact center management and staff to understand their challenges and expectations with managing customer contact; examined call center Agent demographics; listened to recordings of inbound and outbound calls; as well as reviewing corporate and branding documentation.
We also carried out a comprehensive review of their upcoming IVR/message on hold scripts to ensure Australian IVR Standards compliance and to optimise their wordings for naturalness and clarity.
We were then engaged to meticulously direct the voice talent in studio to fully reflect Red Energy’s corporate and brand values through sound and to maximise caller’s aural comprehension of the script.
Voice Design Presentation/Workshop for Stamford Interactive
We recently delivered a 2.5 hour interactive presentation/workshop for Stamford Interactive exploring the emerging area of voice interaction and design for mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
It’s exciting to see voice interaction and mobile accessibility gain greater attention and interest in the usability and UX field.
“On behalf of the Sydney team, thanks again for coming round to give us first hand examples of your mobile experience and accessibility knowledge. We loved the presentation and discussions and I’ve received very positive feedback on your behalf. We hope to continue the conversation soon.” – Joseph Ortenzi, Senior User Experience Consultant
Please Contact Us if you would like us to present a tailored workshop for your organisation.
Audio Logo Development and Brand Consulting for Media Access Australia
We recently worked with Media Access Australia to assist them in their corporate brand refresh including market research, brand strategy, development and implementation.
Vocal Branding Australia conceptualised and developed an Audio Logo for Media Access Australia designed to express their brand values through sound, and create a memorable audio association with the organisation. This Audio Logo has been incorporated in a variety of MAA’s media including: their website, educational videos and podcasts.
Listen to Media Access Australia’s Audio Logo
Telephone IVR and After Hours Call Centre Recordings for Mode Facilities Management
A recent example of our phone message recording services is the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Vocal Branding Australia developed for Mode Facilities Management. This service included after hours emergency call handling and personalised voicemail greeting for key staff.
This job included:
- Reviewing and tuning the client’s draft script (proposed wordings);
- Insuring compliance; with the Australian and New Zealand IVR Standard;
- Sourcing voice talent to match the client’s brand and image;
- Vocal direction and script recording.
NSW Electoral Commission’s iVote Telephone and Online Voting Initiative
Earlier in 2010 the NSW Premier announced the State’s intention to provide blind and vision impaired voters with an independent and secret vote in the 2011 NSW State election. the NSW Electeral Commission subsequently embarked on iVote, comprising iVote by Phone, an automated telephone-based voting service principally for blind and low vision voters, as well as iVote by Web, an internet-based voting system, for voters with disabilities and also those electors outside NSW on poling day or who did not live close to NSW poling centres.
Vocal Branding Australia was engaged by the NSW Electoral Commission as the Lead voice Usability designer and Accessibility expert for the iVote project.
“The fully automated IVote system used in NSW is superior to any other we have seen in an Australian election so far, and voters have clearly endorsed the system by using it in greater numbers than ever before. We will be working towards encouraging this system as the gold standard for future elections. [Vocal Branding Australia was engaged as the voice-user interface designer for IVote].” - Marianne Diamond, Vision Australia
In 2011 iVote was issued with Vision Australia’s Making A Difference Award.
Vocal Branding Australia’s extensive iVote involvement over an intense 9 month period included:
- Conceptual design and comprehensive scripting of wording for iVote by Phone;
- Preparation of functional software design specifications;
- Development of automation systems and processes for processing audio, automating text-to-speech and maximising audio quality;
- Researching recording studio options and recommending a studio Twenty5Eight who we worked with for the extensive and highly time-critical voice recording requirements of the iVote project;
- Preparation of a Vocal Branding profile for each of the three key ‘voices’ required for iVote which we used to cast voice talent;
- Meticulous vocal direction of voice talent for the recording of hundreds of prompts and nearly 1000 candidate names;
- Provided in-house Voiceover and audio production services for iVote promos;
- Consulting to the Commission on promotional strategy to maximise the uptake of iVote by people with disabilities;
- Web Accessibility and usability services including design recommendations, access consulting, conducting observational usability studies and ensuring web accessibility compliance in conjunction with Scenario Seven Pty Ltd;
- Designing and conducting observational usability design studies for iVote by Phone;
- Production of a brief promotional educational IVote Youtube Video in conjunction with The Wheel Agency;
- Conducting several radio and TV interviews explaining and promoting iVote and its significance for people with disabilities.
Watch the iVote Youtube Video Here
Or here is the Youtube link
Listen to the 5RPH Interview About iVote Here
NSW Department of Health
Vocal Branding Australia worked closely with the Department to define a clear brand voice, develop a Vocal Branding strategy and support the implementation of the harmonisation/integration of a previously regionalised telephone health service throughout the State.
We conducted all the voice-related aspects of the project including:
- In-depth strategic Vocal Branding analysis of the integrated service;
- Creating and refining call-flows and telephone scripts;
- Identifying and sourcing the best Brand Voice to naturally reflect the service values;
- In-studio voice direction;
- Audio editing and post production tasks;
- User experience research involving the development of a usability survey and a more detailed ethnographic study on the prototype service.
Australian Electoral Commission Telephone Voting Standard
In 2010 Tim Noonan was engaged by the Electoral Council of Australia to research and develop an automated Telephone Voting Usability Standard to provide a flexible and consistent experience for voting in elections via the standard telephone.
This standard was then adopted and updated during the implementation of the NSW Electoral Commissions highly successful iVote initiative.
In 2011 Vocal Branding Australia was engaged to work with the ECA to review and comprehensively update this standard to incorporate the numerous learnings from the iVote implementation.
This Standard is applicable to Federal, State and Local elections, as well as for Industrial elections which are conducted on a fee-for-service basis by the Australian Electoral Commission.
This initiative is an international first, and builds on Tim’s previous work developing a Standard for accessible telephone banking services for the Australian Bankers’ Association and his key authoring and involvement in the Standards Australia Interactive Voice Response and Speech Recognition Australian Standards.
In 2010 Vocal Branding Australia also assisted the Commission in writing and refining call centre scripts associated with phone-assisted voting support activities.
Leading Property Auctioneering Company
We worked with one of the leading auctioneering companies to develop their corporate Vocal Brand to create greater trust in their services and to positively set them apart from their competition.
We have also been working with this client to develop a company-wide voice care program, to ensure that all staff know how to protect and develop their most vital asset – their voice!
Solotel Hotel Group Staff-Training Video
In 2010 we partnered with Jason Jelicich of jasonj.com.au to refine the scripts for, and direct staff narration for two in-house staff training videos.
The client determined that they wanted real staff to deliver authentic messages to their new and advancing employees, so we took our mobile recording equipment to the workplace and captured a natural-sounding spoken soundtrack for the project that supported their corporate brand.
Community Service Announcement for Royal Far West Children’s Charity
Vocal Branding Australia worked with Royal Far West, a NSW-based children’s charity to develop the vocal branding strategy, including voice talent direction for a television commercial to be played as a Customer Service Announcement.
The aim was to produce a contemporary soundtrack with authentic voices and to respectfully convey emotionally rich messages to their potential donors and sponsors.
Vocal Branding Audit of the Leading Telephone Dating Service in Australia
The audit included a range of distinct elements presented in an interactive workshop for Maxus and the client.
- Competitor analysis;
- Exploration of online trends and how they are increasingly impacting phone-centric services;
- The vocal branding ‘fit’ between the scripts and voices used in service advertising and the ‘voice’ of the phone dating service itself;
- Analysis of callers including their use of the service and their attitudes towards it and to one another.
- Consideration of service features, technological developments and recommendations on future service shaping and expansion.
Please contact us to find out how Vocal Branding Australia can strengthen your spoken communications with customers, staff and clients.